NRP Instructor Course- Not Available
In class- Please see prerequisites
7 hours: 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Detailed information to be emailed 2-3 weeks prior to the start date. Upcoming Course dates: see NRP Application APPNE803 for upcoming dates.
Marion Deland RNC-NIC, MN
Designed around the Canadian guidelines for NRP instructors, this course uses group discussion that is based on the pre-course reading materials. As part of the curriculum, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in teaching stations.
Practical skills evaluation at the course. Following successful completion of the course, you must successfully ‘team teach’ an NRP Provider Course supervised by an NRP Instructor Trainer in order to obtain official NRP Instructor status. You are responsible for instructor registration fees with the Canadian Pediatric Society.
This course is suited for Physicians, registered nurses, registered midwives and registered respiratory therapists who may be required to resuscitate newborn babies. Other health professionals may be eligible if approved by their Provincial NRP Committee.
This course is available for onsite delivery. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Credits: NRP is approved for Mainpro-C credits (College of Family Physicians of Canada) and Maintenance of Certification Section 2 credits (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada).The individual regulatory bodies determine what qualifies for credits according to their program. The Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists allocates 1 credit per educational hour. Physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and emergency medical technicians are eligible for up to 9 hours of continuing education credit. Actual credit assigned will depend on the number of lessons completed.
Application Procedure: course code APPNE803
• Characteristics of a neonatal resuscitation program instructor
• The 4 educational principles of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program
• Developing your skills as an instructor
• Evaluate neonatal resuscitation performance
• Identify resources required for a Neonatal Resuscitation Program
NRP Instructor Course – Continuing Education
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.