ONLINE – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $590International: $767
Continuous enrolment max one year– 4.8 CEU
This course introduces the student to the basic principles of disease processes. The causes, natural history, pathology and some pathophysiology of common disease processes, such as Cell injury/death, Inflammation, Tissue Repair, Immunologic and Hemodynamic disorders and Neoplasia are covered.
Successful students will have demonstrated skills of:
- Describe a disease process with respect to its etiology, clinical signs, symptoms and significance, pathogenesis, and morphologic tissue changes.
- Distinguish between chromosomal and genetic disorders; autosomal dominant, recessive diseases and sex-linked disorders.
- Identify pathologic stimuli that cause cell injury, distinguish reversible injury, cellular adaptations to injury, and cell death; identify the intracellular materials that may accumulate in injured cells; describe apoptosis and necrosis.
- Describe acute inflammation including vascular and related tissue changes; describe chronic inflammation, including granulomatous changes and the tissue changes related to chronic inflammation.
- Describe basic features of repair and regeneration.
- Describe common infectious diseases.
- Investigate disturbances in blood flow.
- Describe physiological factors in inadequate and excessive immune response; and autoimmune disease.
- Describe the characteristics of benign and malignant tumours; including classification and methods of diagnosis.
- Explain the effects of environmental agents on the body.
- Investigate the pathology of “multi-systemic disease.
Online assignments, final online exam
• Introduction and classification of disease
• Congenital disease
• Pathophysiology of cell injury and adaptation
• Inflammation and wound healing
• Immunologic disorders
• Neoplastic disease
• Environmental diseases
• Metabolic disorders
Pathology I – ML814
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.