Principles of Clinical Research I
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799International: $1042
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
Debbie Warner, RN, CCRC
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the drug development process
- Describe the Canadian drug review process
- Describe the elements of a clinical trial
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of personnel and organizations involved in clinical trials.
- Understand and use the terminology associated with clinical research trials
- List and describe the importance of the regulations relating to the conduct of clinical trials (ICH, Health Canada (Division 5), and FDA).
- Explain the ethical principles governing clinical research
- Describe Good Documentation Practices
- Understand Electronic Data Capture (EDC) Principles
- Describe the primary aspects of privacy and protection of personal information as related to clinical research.
- Discuss recruiting challenges and strategies.
- Describe the requirements for collecting and reporting of Adverse Events in clinical trials
The learner will begin his/her development as a member of the clinical research team through the study of clinical research Good Clinical Practices and the development of practical skills in clinical trials. During this process, students will acquire the core skills required to become a part of the clinical research team. The course will introduce the learner to the role of clinical trials and research in the health care sector and in industry. The phases and elements of clinical trials will be considered and current issues relating to clinical research will be discussed.
Individual assignments, group case study, test, participation
Healthcare professionals interested in clinical research
Course registration will close once maximum number of students enroll. Register as soon as you can!
• Phases of clinical research
• Role of clinical research in the development and marketing of therapeutic interventions
• Elements of a clinical trial
• Terminology associated with research trials
• Roles and responsibilities of personnel and organizations involved in clinical trials
• Importance of regulations relating to the conduct of clinical trials [ICH, FDA, TPD]
• Audits and inspections
• Requirements for the reporting of Adverse
Principles of Clinical Research I (CRCR130) is part of the Clinical Research Program. This course is for healthcare professionals interested in clinical research that need to develop the basic skills for a clinical trial environment.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.