Quality Management Systems: Introduction
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799 International: $1042
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
Explore the fundamental principles of Quality Management in a Clinical Laboratory setting, to ensure the Clinical Laboratory meets customer and regulatory requirements through continuous improvement.
This introductory course provides the basis for QMS fundamentals which are applied in the remainder of the courses within the Quality Manager Program.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the quality gurus and their philosophies of quality
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of Leadership in a Quality Management System
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of a Quality Manager
- Recognize the importance of customer focus
- Understand the reporting relationships and structure required to support a Quality Management System and continuous improvement
- Interpret Quality Management System Requirements
- Perform a gap analysis of current status against a preferred model
- Recognize effective document and record control systems
Written assignments, online chats, discussion board postings
Healthcare professionals interested in quality management
It is recommended that students obtain this text book prior to starting the course. Students are responsible for acquiring course text books.
Westcott, Russell T. (Ed.). (2013). The Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence Handbook. (Fourth Edition). Milwaukee (WI): Quality Management Division, American Society for Quality, ASQ Quality Press. ISBN 978-0-87389-861-4 (www.asq.org)
CLSI QMS01-04 Quality Management System: A Model for Laboratory Services; Approved Guideline—Fourth Edition, June 2011(www.clsi.org).
Quality Management Systems: Introduction is part of the Quality Manager Certificate Program.
Quality Management Systems: Introduction (INQM110)
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.