Quality Management Systems: Introduction
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
See below for registration information.
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
Mary Fountas, Judy Sherman-Jones, Robert Scheuermann
Explore the fundamental principles of Quality Management in a Clinical Laboratory setting, to ensure the Clinical Laboratory meets customer and regulatory requirements through continuous improvement.
This introductory course provides the basis for QMS fundamentals which are applied in the remainder of the courses within the Clinical Laboratory Quality Management Program.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Learn about the quality gurus and their philosophies of quality
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of Leadership in a Quality Management System
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of a Quality Manager
- Recognize the importance of customer focus
- Understand the reporting relationships and structure required to support a Quality Management System and continuous improvement
- Interpret Quality Management System Requirements
- Perform a gap analysis of current status against a preferred model
- Recognize effective document and record control systems
Written assignments, online chats, discussion board postings
Healthcare professionals interested in quality management
It is recommended that students obtain this text book prior to starting the course. Students are responsible for acquiring course text books.
Westcott, Russell T. (Ed.). (2013). The Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence Handbook. (Fourth Edition). Milwaukee (WI): Quality Management Division, American Society for Quality, ASQ Quality Press. ISBN 978-0-87389-861-4 (www.asq.org)
CLSI QMS01-04 Quality Management System: A Model for Laboratory Services; Approved Guideline—Fourth Edition, June 2011(www.clsi.org).
Quality Management Systems: Introduction is part of the Clinical Laboratory Quality Manager Certificate Program.
Quality Management Systems: Introduction (INQM110) – Continuing Education
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|