Tutorials in Clinical Chemistry III
ONLINE – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $450International: $585
continuous enrolment max one year– 3.9 CEU
Erin Butash MLT, B.Sc., M.Sc.Ed.
Upon completion of this course, the student will demonstrate knowledge of:
- the principles and clinical applications of various photometric techniques an instrumentation, including spectrophotometry, atomic absorption photometry, fluorometry, chemiluminescence, turbidimetry, and nephelometry.
- the principles and clinical applications of various electrochemical techniques an instrumentation, including ion-selective electrodes, gas-sensing electrodes, and enzyme electrodes.
- the principles, clinical applications and laboratory methods for electrophoretic and chromatographic separations.
- the principles, clinical applications and laboratory methods for competitive and non-competitive immunoassays.
Online assignments, final online exam
Anyone requiring a refresher course or referred by the CMLTO or CSMLS.
You will access readings, graded lesson assignments, and the final examination online.
Bishop ML, Fody EP, Schoeff L. Clinical Chemistry: Techniques, Principles, Correlations. 6th ed Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009. Not included in course fee. It is recommended that students obtain this textbook prior to starting the course. Students are responsible for acquiring course textbooks. Textbook can be purchased at the U of T bookstore.
- Photometric measuring systems (including spectrophotometry, atomic absorption photometry, nephlometry, turbidimetry).
- Electrochemical measuring systems (including ion selective electrodes, potentiometric, polarographic, amperometric, and coulometric measurement)
- Partition and absorption chromatography
- Electrophoresis and osmometry
Tutorials in Clinical Chemistry III – CC861
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
Instructions to upload proof of COVID vaccination to Self Service
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.