Tutorials in Hematology and Coagulation
ONLINE – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $655 International: $852
Continuous enrolment max one year– 5.5 CEU
By the end of this course, the learner will be able to;
- Identify the various types of microscope, manual techniques involved in cell counting, structure, function and pathophysiology of hematopoietic cells.
- Correctly identify numerous cell organelles and how these organelles assist in the identification of various types of anemias and leukocyte neoplasms.
- Understand pathological changes and how they subsequently affect the laboratory results.
- Correlate and interpret laboratory results with red and white blood cells morphology changes.
- Describe and correctly identify various anemias based on red blood cell morphology.
- Describe and correctly identify various leukemias based on white blood cell morphology.
- Describe the structure of platelets.
- Understand primary and secondary hemostasis.
- Understand the role of platelets in coagulation cascade.
- Correlate the function of platelets and pathogenesis of various coagulated-related disorders.
- Describe and understand the automation and instrumentation common to hematology and coagulation laboratories,
- Understand what quality control and quality management system principles as applicable to a pathology laboratory, and
- Identify and understand the safety practice aspects necessary to operate safely in a hematology and coagulation laboratory
Online tests, final online exam
Course evaluation is based on online quizzes and a final online exam.
Anyone requiring a refresher course or referred by the CMLTO or CSMLS.
This is a CMLTO and CSMLS approved refresher course.
• Hemostasis and an introduction to thrombosis.
• Introduction to thrombosis and anticoagulant therapy.
• Disorders of plasma clotting factors.
• Quantitative and qualitative platelet disorders and vascular disorders.
• Chronic Myeloproliferative disorders.
• Chronic Leukemia and related lymphoproliferative disorders.
• Myelodysplastic syndromes.
• Hemolytic anemias.
• Laboratory techniques related to clinical hematology and coagulation.
Tutorials in Hematology and Coagulation – HE837 – Continuing Education
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|HE837-YE1||Tutorials in Hematology & Coagulation||Online||$852.00||Jul-29-2021 to Jul-29-2022||Open|