Tutorials in Microbiology
ONLINE – login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration
Domestic: $758International: $985
continuous enrolment max one year– 5 CEU
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the commonly isolated bacterial pathogens found in the majority of clinical specimens.
- Discuss the collection, transport and processing of bacterial specimens.
- Explain Gram Stain Theory and how it is utilized.
- Discuss the types of culture media and biochemical tests used within the diagnostic microbiology laboratory.
Online assignments, final online exam
You will access readings, graded lesson assignments, and the final examination online.
- Commonly isolated bacterial pathogens found in the majority of clinical specimens
- Basic microbiology and bacterial physiology
- The theory and use of the gram stain
- The correct uses of various media
- Commonly isolated bacterial pathogens
- Molecular Diagnostic Techniques used in the microbiology lab
Tutorials in Microbiology – MI905
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.