The focus of Health Services is to:
- Advise students on required entry and clinical health requirements
- Monitor student compliance with required entry and clinical health requirements as per determined due dates
- Receive and respond to requests from students for accommodation and coordinate return to school following absence due to illness/injury
- Receive and respond to students incident reports
- Arrange Mask Fit Testing for students as per program timelines
- Promote occupational health practices for students
- Support the Occupational Joint Health & Safety Committee as needed
Michener is committed to preventing and removing barriers that impede students with disabilities from participating fully in the educational environment in a way that is responsive to their own unique circumstances.
Deadline update for the current Aug 31, 2020 health requirements:
Due to limitations imposed as a result of Covid-19 this due date may need to be extended and we will continue to monitor the situation. In the interim:
First Aid/CPR– Course offerings are paused at this time. As restrictions are lifted, we will monitor and a new deadline will be communicated.
Immunization Requirements Form (IRF) –We are aware that you may not be able to see a doctor for TB tests, blood work, etc, therefore we understand if your IRF is not fully completed by Aug 31. Please complete as much of this as you can.
Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) – If you have a Toronto address, you apply for your VSC from Toronto Police via mail. Please email Health Services at email@example.com and we will email the Toronto Police VSC application Form. This form must be printed on legal sized paper (8 ½ “ x 14’). If you are not able to print the form on legal size, Health Services will mail the form to you –email firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address.
If you live outside of Toronto, please check with your regional police service to determine if they are providing VSCs. Some police services are currently not providing VSC services due to Covid restrictions at this time. If your regional police service is not processing VSCs, please email email@example.com with your region and a note that they are not processing applications at this time. Your requirement will be extended until your police service provides VSCs again.
The requirements below are mandatory for all Michener students. Start the process of obtaining your Health Requirements immediately to ensure the stated deadlines are met. This process will entail multiple visits to your physician/health care provider. You are responsible for costs incurred.
|First Year Entry Requirements||Required||Date||Clinical Requirements|
|Immunization Requirement Form (IRF)
(including Laboratory Reports)
|Yes||August 31||No (Already completed upon entry)|
|2 Step TB Test||Yes||August 31||No (Annual 1 step TB test required for clinical placement)|
|Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
*not required for Anesthesia Assistant students
|Yes||August 31||Yes (Must be valid for duration of clinical placement)|
|Mask Fit Testing||No||–||Yes (Must be valid for duration of clinical placement)|
Please note: You must be successfully N95 mask-fit tested prior to clinical placement (testing dates will be arranged through Health Services). Testing requires students to be clean-shaven. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in your clinical placement and/or program being interrupted, delayed or terminated.
How to submit your Health Requirements Documentation
- You must upload all health documentation to the Student Portal, Health Service tab. You can also track your Health Requirements Documentation status.
- Please ensure each page of your document is clearly labeled with your Name, Program and Year of Admission before uploading.
The following Health Requirements documentation are required for your clinical placements.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Mask Fit, Vulnerable Sector Check and First Aid/or CPR are NOT required for Bridging Students. The following Health documentation is required.
- Immunization Requirements Form (IRF)