Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)-Available Fall 2017
In class- Please see prerequisites
Please see table below
7 hours- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please see prerequsites for important course details and information.
Dr. Marcos Silva , MD, FRCPC (Medical Director)
Hands-on experience and video based simulation help the student to develop the skills necessary in recognizing pediatric distress, with the focus on children with potentially life threatening conditions.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
• Discuss the “assess-categorize-decide-act” approach
• Explain the purpose and components of the general assessment (pediatric assessment triangle)
• Summarize the ABCDE components of the primary assessment
• Explain the implications of clinical findings during the general and primary assessments
• Evaluate respiratory and/or circulatory problems using the ABCDE model
• Decide if a child has a life-threatening condition
• Written evaluation
• Hands-on skills practice
• Practical skills evaluation
Healthcare professionals (medical/nursing/paramedic students, residents) with limited medical experience with children.
Please note this course is available by contract for on site delivery , please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• HSF BLS Provider Card
Text book: TBD
Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|