Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)-Open for registration
In class- Please see prerequisites
Please see table below
7 hours- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Please see prerequsites for important course details and information.
Dr. Marcos Silva , MD, FRCPC (Medical Director)
Hands-on experience and video based simulation help the student to develop the skills necessary in recognizing pediatric distress, with the focus on children with potentially life threatening conditions.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
• Discuss the “assess-categorize-decide-act” approach
• Explain the purpose and components of the general assessment (pediatric assessment triangle)
• Summarize the ABCDE components of the primary assessment
• Explain the implications of clinical findings during the general and primary assessments
• Evaluate respiratory and/or circulatory problems using the ABCDE model
• Decide if a child has a life-threatening condition
• Written evaluation
• Hands-on skills practice
• Practical skills evaluation
Healthcare professionals (medical/nursing/paramedic students, residents) with limited medical experience with children.
Please note this course is available by contract for on site delivery , please email email@example.com for details.
- HSF BLS Provider Card
- Text book: New PEARS 7th edition manual RE711OE or digital edition RE7110ED available on the Heart and Stroke web site under Shop for Training Materials
- Review PEARS student web site self-assessment videos and tools -available on the Heart and Stroke web site under Training Resources Tab.
- Register with Heart and Stroke for your HSF ID# ( if you do not have a current account/ID)
Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|RS827-4||Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition, Stabilization (PEARS)- The Michener Institute of Education at UHN- St Patrick Campus- 9am-4pm- Room 403||In Class||$269.00||Jun-02-2018 to Jun-02-2018||May-18-2018||Closed|