If you’ve received a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and are required to complete refresher courses, please see course/subject information below.
To register for these courses, you may register online through the links provided, or by telephone through our Student Enrolment department – 416-596-3101 ext. 3000.
Refresher Subject: Clinical Chemistry
Registration Information Link – Click on course codes below.
- Tutorials in Clinical Chemistry I (Course Code: CC859),
- Tutorials in Clinical Chemistry II (Course Code: CC860)
- Tutorials in Clinical Chemistry III (Course Code: CC861)
*Students must take all three Clinical Chemistry courses to satisfy the Clinical Chemistry subject refresher requirement. If a refresher course in ‘Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring’ is required, please register for Tutorials in Clinical Chemistry II (Course Code: CC860).
Refresher Subject: Hematology
Course Required: Tutorials in Hematology and Coagulation (Course Code: HE837)
Refresher Subject: Histology
Course Required: Tutorials in Histology (Course Code: HI901)
Refresher Subject: Microbiology
Course Required: Tutorials in Microbiology (Course Code: MI905)
Refresher Subject: Transfusion Science
Course Required: Transfusion Science (Course Code: IH903)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
(1) What is the delivery format for these courses?
These courses are delivered through correspondence or online format. They are completed entirely by distance learning.
(2) How long will it take to complete a course?
It generally takes three to four months to complete a course. Students are given the flexibility to complete the course at their own time and pace, provided that they complete it before the course deadline.
(3) Can I take more than one course at a time?
You are welcome to take as many courses as you like. However, it is recommended to initially start with one, to determine workload and time management requirements.
(4) How do I know that I am taking the right course to fulfill my PLA refresher requirements?
It is essential to check with CSMLS to confirm that these courses will fulfill the requirements listed in your Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
(5) How do I register for these courses?
You may contact Student Enrolment at 416-596-3101 (ext. 3000) to register over the phone, or you may register online by accessing the course webpage.
(6) I have registered for a course. When will I receive introductory information?
Course materials/online access information are provided two weeks after course registration.
(7) There is a textbook required for my course. Where can I obtain it?
(8) When do I receive my final grade?
You will receive your final grade 4-6 weeks from the examination date. You will also receive a grade report via mail from the Registrar’s Office.
(9) How do I provide CSMLS with my results?
You will need to request a transcript by submitting a transcript request form to the Registrar’s Office. Further information and procedures are provided on the transcript request form
If you have any concerns regarding your grade report, transcript or address changes, please contact the Student Enrolment department at 416-596-3101 (ext. 3000) during business hours (9-5PM, Monday-Friday).
(10) I have more questions regarding refresher courses, who do I contact?
Please email email@example.com for questions regarding the above refresher courses. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding Michener Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Health Professionals.