Basic Spirometry Training
Online and In Class
Variable depending on the customized contract. Not available for individual registration.
½ day workshop with online pre-reading preparation
Andrea White-Markham RRT, CRE
This hands-on workshop is tailored to the needs of your lab/office and staff required to conduct spirometry tests. We deliver the workshop at your facility at a time that suits your schedule. It will provide you with the assurance that the testing methods in your facility meet the current standards and can be used as professional development at an independent health facility. The faculty assigned to this course will work with you to develop an agenda that best meets your needs.
Upon completion of the workshop learners will be able to:
- Understand ATS/ERS standards for spirometry
- Classify pulmonary defects identified with spirometry
- Identify the indications and contraindications for spirometry
- Demonstrate calibration procedure
- Discuss quality assurance requirements
- Discuss bronchodilator delivery method
- Demonstrate pre/post bronchodilator procedure
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding spirometry procedure
- Practical evaluation during the workshop
- Written test at the end of the workshop
Any staff performing spirometry tests in clinical lab or medical office setting
This course is offered on a customized contract basis only for lab/office groups and is available for onsite delivery. This course is not available for individual registration. Please email email@example.com for information.
BSTR110 – Basic Spirometry Training
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|