Cancer Care Basics- offered by de Souza Institute
Online- self directed
Visit de Souza Institute for information
This online course will introduce health care professionals to oncology. Oncology patients receive care from all health care settings – including tertiary care centres, general hospitals, community care clinics, long term care and home care.They receive care from many health care professionals, depending on their disease, treatment and needs. Given the increasing complexity of this growing patient population, caring for people with cancer and their families involves a particular set of skills and knowledge from a variety of health care professionals.
This course will introduce the essential concepts in oncology, and provide fundamental information to those who work with oncology patients and their families.
For more information and to register visit: de Souza Institute Course Information
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
Instructions to upload proof of COVID vaccination to Self Service
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.