CT Colonography: Equipping Technologists For Best Practice in Colon Screening
Virtual – details and platform to follow
March 11th 2021, 1:30-4:30PM
Tanya Chawla, MRCP FRCR FRCPCTracy Wakeford, MRT(R)
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the role of CT colonography in colon cancer screening and in detection of colorectal pathology
- Perform CT colonography within the context of associated risks and benefits
- Support the establishment of a CT colon program within the department
This half day course in CT Colonography introduces the practicing medical radiation technologist to the clinical, technical, and practical considerations in this important medical imaging procedure. Led by expert radiologist and technologist faculty in the Joint Department of Medical Imaging at Sinai Health, lectures, case studies, and demonstrations will highlight current best practice.
- colon screening and the important role of CT colonography
- the technologist procedural workflow
- the clinical imaging features of relevance in colon screening
- considerations in the use of CT contrast and buscopan
Q&A period after each speaker, planned breaks
This course would be of benefit to radiological technologists who are either practicing or anticipating practicing in the environment of CT colonography.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.