Ethical Leadership in Health Care
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $799 International: $1042
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
1. Differentiate between the two major ethical theories found in Western culture
2. Compare tools for ethical analysis used in clinical practice
3. Identify and critically discuss ethical issues that may arise in the healthcare environment
4. Prepare an analysis of a case study presenting an ethical dilemma in clinical practice
This course will assist health care practitioners to identify, analyze and resolve ethical issues that arise in health care. The course will begin with a theoretical foundation and then utilize tools for decision-making in clinical practice. The course will use a case study approach to illustrate and address the relevant issues. Topics that will be considered include autonomy, disclosure and consent to treatment, confidentiality, capacity, resource allocation, research ethics and cultural issues in health care.
This is a required course for the Leadership in Health Care Certificate Program
It concentrates on the below modules:
- Ethical Theory
- Consent to Treatment
- Confidentiality and Disclosure
- Resource Allocation and Ethical Decision-making
Discussion boards, Group case analysis, Individual case analysis
Healthcare professionals interested in leadership
Ethical Leadership in Health Care is part of the Leadership in Health Care Certificate Program.
• Values clarification
• Ethical resources allocation
• Transparency in process
• Inclusive leadership
• Building trust in organizations and setting ethical priorities
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.