Exercise & Cancer for Fitness and Health Professionals Course
Special Virtual delivery
See below for registration information.
8 synchronized sessions in June 2020
Dr. Daniel Santa Mina, Patrice de Peiza, Kailey Trewartha
Exercise is an established, evidence-based supportive care treatment for people with cancer. The various types of cancer and the adverse effects associated with their treatment must be considered for safe and effective exercise in people with this complex chronic disease. This course will review the exercise guidelines for people with cancer, common exercise adaptations required for people during and after treatment, and the model of care at the Princess Margaret’s Cancer Rehab and Exercise Program (CaRE). Participants will learn from experienced exercise and rehabilitation professionals in oncology and participate in interactive activities to support an applied understanding of exercise in people with cancer.
The course is delivered in the following modules:
- An Overview of Cancer for Fitness and Health Professionals
- Common Cancer Treatments and Related Adverse Effects
- Cancer Survivorship and the Role of Exercise
- Exercise Guidelines for People with Cancer
- Monitoring and Adapting Exercise for Common Disease and Treatment-related Adverse Effects
- Working Together and with the Evidence to Safely and Effectively Deliver Cancer-Exercise Programming
- The Cancer Rehab & Exercise (CaRE) Program at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Case Study Analysis
Special Price for Virtual Delivery- Join in with colleagues and friends from a distance. This workshop was developed by:
CANR100 – Exercise & Cancer for Fitness and Health Professionals Course
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.