Introduction to Cancer Rehabilitation and Survivorship
Online (self-paced) Expect 10-15 hours in total dedicated time to completion of content.
Domestic: $199International: $250
Continuous enrolment max 3-months
Patrice de Peiza, OT Reg.(Ont.), MScCH, CLT
By the end of this course, you should:
- Have developed a broad overview of cancer, its treatments, common persistent and late effects, as well as survivorship and outpatient rehabilitation.
- Understand that the physical or cognitive impairments in individuals with or recovering from cancer often require a different approach to management than for people with other chronic health conditions.
This course is open to all learners and healthcare professionals looking to expand their knowledge of cancer rehabilitation and survivorship.
- The course provides an overview of the fundamental basics required for you to develop an understanding of cancer, common treatments, persistent and late effects of treatment, as well as outpatient rehabilitation and survivorship care.
- It is a basic prerequisite course, as it sets the foundation for future courses offered by the Cancer Rehabilitation and Survivorship Program at the University Health Network.
- The material is divided into five interactive modules and includes knowledge checks along the way to promote retention of the information presented, 10-15 hours in total.
- PROOF OF VACCINATION IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS ONLINE COURSE
This course is divided into five modules that build on each other.
- Introduction to Cancer Rehabilitation and Survivorship
- Cancer Treatments: Goals, Approaches, and Common Treatment Types
- Persistent and Late Adverse Effects of Cancer Treatment: Fatigue, Cognitive Dysfunction, and Lymphedema
- Persistent and Late Adverse Effects of Cancer Treatment: Pain and Musculoskeletal Concerns
- Cancer Survivorship and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Introduction to Cancer Rehabilitation and Survivorship – ICRS110
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.