Introduction to PET/CT and Theranostics
Domestic: $1048, International: $1362
This course is intended for medical radiation technologists (MRTs) to gain a more in depth understanding of the field of positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) and the role of theranostic procedures in the management of neuroendocrine and prostate cancers. The approach used in this course will utilize basic understanding of the principles of radiation, commonly understood by MRTs and will explore the instrumentation of PET and hybrid imaging modalities, radiopharmaceuticals used in imaging and therapies as they relate to PET imaging and therapeutic delivery. By the end of this course learners will have gained a better understanding of important technical concepts in PET/CT imaging, the principles for therapeutic nuclear medicine, and explore emerging trends in PET/CT imaging and nuclear medicine therapy.
Upon successful completion of the course, the Learner will be able to:
- Express the clinical value of PET/CT in the diagnosis of oncology, neurology and cardiology-based pathologies.
- Describe the various hardware and software options for PET imaging and their strengths and limitations
- Employ procedures to ensure PET studies are acquired appropriately for clinical PET studies.
- Explain the various PET imaging protocols and patient preparation critical to performing PET studies
- Express the clinical value and basic principles of theranostic treatment of neuroendocrine, prostate other diseases
- Explore current evidence and trends related to theranostic approaches in the individualized management of disease
- Explain the physics involved in the theranostic dosimetry and management of disease.
- Employ best practices for PET and theranostic radiation safety of patients and technologists within regulatory requirements of the CNSC
Learners will be required to complete quizzes at the end of each module to verify understanding of the content, and there will be 3 non-cumulative term tests throughout the course which will be a synchronous timed multiple-choice test format.
There are 3-online synchronous tutorial-style sessions for the review and application of materials covered in preparation for the term test, where learners are encouraged to provided live question and answer time with instructor.
This course is intended for medical radiation technologists (MRTs) to gain a more in depth understanding of the field of positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) and the role of theranostic procedures in the management of neuroendocrine and prostate cancers.
Module 1: Radiation physics and instrumentation for PET imaging
Module 2: PET Hybrid Imaging with CT and MRI & Radiation Safety in PET Imaging
Module 3: PET/CT Oncology
Module 4: PET/CT Infection and Inflammation imaging & PET/CT Cardiology
Module 5: PET/CT Neurology & Introduction to Theranostics
Module 6: Theranostic Treatments for NETs, PSMA and NHL Tumours
Introduction to PET/CT and Theranostics – PECT110
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.