Mental Health First Aid- Standard- New virtual workshop
Online/Virtual delivery-information and link to access Module 1 (to be completed prior to virtual session) will be emailed 1 week before online session.
Please see fee below
Online/virtual workshop. Self study -2hr; Virtual – 6hr; Total – 8hr.
Christina Yurchuk B. Ed, M. Ed
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Please see prerequisite information for minimum computer system requirements.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register for and attend this training course.
By registering for this training course, you accept and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
Please visit Mental Health Commission of Canada for further information
Please note employees of The Michener Institute of Education at UHN may be able to apply PD Funds. For more information please contact your Manager or Human Resources Professional.
Self-study Online Module 1 (approx. 2hr) – access link will be sent to the learners by email approximately 2 weeks before the virtual session date or within 2 business day of registration; whichever is later.
Online Virtual – Modules 2 and 3 – delivered virtually on the dates indicated below.
Delivered by a certified facilitator in addition to a self-directed two-hour module, this course will continue to provide the knowledge and skills required to help to a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing the worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis
- Each participant must have their own computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to a good Internet connection, and an e-mail account
- You must have access to a working camera, microphone and speakers or earphones.
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
Module 1: Self-Directed
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to MHFA actions
Module 2: Virtual Classroom
- Practice applying MHFA actions to situations of declining mental well-being
- Guidelines for MHFA conversations with people from diverse cultures and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
Module 3 Virtual Classroom
- Discussion on using MHFA actions for self-care
- Practice using MHFA actions in crisis situations
Mental Health First Aid – MHFA 120
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|MHFA120-S01||Mental Health First Aid - Standard-Virtual 9am-4pm||Online||$229.00||Jun-12-2021 to Jun-12-2021||Open|