Patient Teaching and Education- offered by de Souza Institute
On-line, with weekly progress and forum work
Please visit de Souza Institute site for course fee and registration
This course was developed to help you identify the learning styles of patients and adjust their delivery of information based on this knowledge. This course was developed through a partnership between Cancer Care Ontario and de Souza Institute and built on the award winning program “Maximizing Patient Education and Skills Workshop”. Patient centered care is defined as an approach that consciously adopts the patient’s perspective about what matters. This course offers information regarding adult learning, followed by information regarding learning and communication styles.
For more information and to register visit: de Souza Institute
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.