Performing 12 & 15 Lead ECGs
Hybrid course– online login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration. Online self-study components (quizzes, exams ) must be completed 2 weeks prior to attending the in-person workshop – details will be posted online.
Online self-study work must be completed prior to attending the in-person ECG hands on workshop held at The Michener Institute of Education at UHN.
Monica De Rui, RN, MSN, CEN
Enhance your ECG skills with this hybrid course. Through a combination of online learning and practical hands-on experience, you will develop the know-how to produce high quality ECG tracings and to troubleshoot problems. The practical session will provide you with the opportunity to practice the collection of valid and accurate ECG tracing.
- Understand the physiology behind ECG
- Learn how to operate ECG machines
- Learn to apply patient leads correctly for both 12 and 15-lead ECGs
- Improve your troubleshooting techniques
- Learn how to maximize the quality of ECG tracings
Complete the didactic component online self-study modules and you will be eligible for the in-person hands-on workshop. The workshop provides demonstrations and practice of ECG techniques using patient models.
Online assignments and tests must be completed prior to attending the 4 hour workshop. You will work thru the self-study online modules independently. Please note as per Michener’s online course service standards your course facilitator will respond to your questions via email within 48 hours.
Hands on in-person workshop- practical assessment:
Workshop location: The Michener Institute of Education at UHN, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto, Ontario
Time: 1 hour individual session with our facilitator (1:1 instruction)
You will be advised the time you are scheduled to attend. Please note workshop will proceed if sufficient number of attendees.
Workshop date: October 1, 2022
Please Note: Workshop dates and times are subject to change. You must have completed all required online assignments and tests minimum 2 weeks prior to workshop date in order to be eligible to attend the workshop.
ECG skills are in high demand in health care settings, whether it be in a hospital, clinical laboratory, doctor’s office or clinic. This course is designed for health care practitioners including Medical Laboratory Technologists, Laboratory Technicians and Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Emergency Medical Technicians.
Performing 12 & 15 Lead ECGs – EK702
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.