Performing 12 & 15 Lead ECGs
Hybrid – online login information will be emailed within 3 business days of registration. Workshop upon completion of online components – details will be posted online.
Continuous enrollment - max one year to complete the online component and a 4 hour workshop held at The Michener Institute of Education at UHN after online component completed.
Monica De Rui, RN, MSN, CEN
Enhance your ECG skills with this hybrid course. Through a combination of online learning and practical hands-on experience, you will develop the know-how to produce high quality ECG tracings and to troubleshoot problems. The practical session will provide you with the opportunity to practice the collection of valid and accurate ECG tracing.
• Understand the physiology behind ECG
• Learn how to operate ECG machines
• Learn to apply patient leads correctly for both 12 and 15-lead ECGs
• Improve your troubleshooting techniques
• Learn how to maximize the quality of ECG tracings
Complete the didactic component online at your own pace and you will be eligible for the half day hands-on workshop. The workshop provides demonstrations and practice of ECG techniques using live patient models.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- July 7, 2018 (online course completion date: June 7,2018)- Workshop Full and Closed
- September 29, 2018 (online course completion date : August 29,2018)
- December 8, 2018 (online course completion date : November 8, 2018)
- April 13,2019 (online course completion date : March 13,2019)
Location: The Michener Institute of Education at UHN, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto, Ontario
Time: 08:30am – 12:30pm and 1:00pm – 5:00pm
NOTE: Workshop dates and times are subject to change. NOTE: You must have completed all required online assignments and tests minimum 4 weeks prior to workshop date in order to be eligible to attend the workshop.
ECG skills are in high demand in health care settings, whether it be in a hospital, clinical laboratory, doctor’s office or clinic. This course is designed for health care practitioners including Medical Laboratory Technologists, Laboratory Technicians and Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Emergency Medical Technicians.
Performing 12 & 15 Lead ECGs – EK702 – Continuing Education
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|EK702-YY1||Performing 12 & 15- Lead ECGs |
~Open For Continuous Enrollment