Pulmonary Function Testing
In class and online
Variable depending on the customized contract. Not available for individual registration.
On line course and 1 day workshop
Andrea White-Markham RRT, CRE
This hand’s on course is tailored to the needs of your lab and your staff. It is scheduled at your facility at a time that suits your schedule. It will provide you with the assurance that the testing methods in your lab meet the current standards and can be used as professional development at an independent health facility. The faculty assigned to this course will work with you to develop an agenda that best meets your needs.
Some of the key elements include:
- Pre-reading including ATS/ERS Statements
- Performance of tests with peer and expert observers. Tests may include any of the following based on your needs and the time allotted.
- Lung volume testing
- Diffusion testing
- Bronchial challenge testing
- Walk testing for oxygen funding
- Debrief of performance discussing where performance met or did not meet current standards
- Review of past test results for technical quality by staff and expert observer
- Development of a quality assurance program for the next 12 months to address gaps and/or maintain and improve quality
RTs performing PFT’s in a clinical lab setting with a focus on Quality Assurance.
This course is offered on a customized contract basis only ( large groups or hospitals) and is available for onsite delivery. This course is not available for individual registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
RT designation and review of specific materials (links to be supplied) prior to attendance at workshop.
Pulmonary Function Testing – RS823
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.