Clinical Skills Workshop for Laboratory Technicians (Mohawk College/The Michener Institute Program)
This course has a limited number of spots. Be sure to register as soon as you can!
This practical 8 day course covers essential laboratory skills, patient care and communication skills.
Practical evaluations, exam
Entry level Medical Laboratory Technicians and those seeking certification.
Vaccination and Immunization documents required, see Prerequisites for details.
Students must attend all 8 days mentioned below from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Fall 2020 Lab Schedule
Module 1: Saturday, September 12 – Sunday, September 13
Module 2: Saturday, September 19 – Sunday, September 20
Module 3: Saturday, September 26 – Sunday, September 27
Module 4: Saturday, October 3 – Sunday, October 4
- All Mohawk Theory Courses must be completed before taking the Michener courses. Students must be enrolled in the online PD807 Clinical Behavioural Sciences at Michener before taking CLLT140 and must have completed PD807 before taking CLLT151.
* Please see this link to understand the program structure between Mohawk and Michener Flow Chart – Mohawk – Michener.
- Dates are subject to change dependent on numbers and faculty availability.
- Immunization and Vaccination documentation must be received at a minimum of 2 weeks before start date.
- Before coming onsite at Michener for lab sessions, you must provide record of updated TB test, you must be vaccinated to protect against Hepatitis B and can demonstrate immunity to both Hepatitis and Tuberculosis. It is also highly recommended that all students be vaccinated with annual influenza vaccine.
- Please send appropriate documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject: MLA Proof of immunization.
• Theoretical and practical laboratory skills (phlebotomy, specimen collection and handling, electrocardiography)
• Instrumentation skills
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|