Clinical Skills Workshop for Laboratory Technicians (Mohawk College/The Michener Institute Program)
This course has a limited number of spots. Be sure to register as soon as you can!
This practical 8 day course covers essential laboratory skills, patient care and communication skills.
Practical evaluations, exam
Entry level Medical Laboratory Technicians and those seeking certification.
Vaccination and Immunization documents required, see Prerequisites for details.
Students must attend all 8 days mentioned below from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Fall 2021 Lab Schedule
Module 1: Saturday September 11 and Sunday September 12, 2021
Module 2: Saturday September 18 and Sunday September 19, 2021
Module 3: Saturday September 25 and Sunday September 26, 2021
Module 4: Saturday October 2 and Sunday October 3, 2021
- All Mohawk Theory Courses must be completed before taking the Michener courses. Students must be enrolled in the online PD807 Clinical Behavioural Sciences at Michener before taking CLLT140 and must have completed PD807 before taking CLLT151.
* Please see this link to understand the program structure between Mohawk and Michener Flow Chart – Mohawk – Michener.
- Dates are subject to change dependent on numbers and faculty availability.
- The completed Michener Immunization Requirements Form, including the required laboratory report of immunity to Hepatitis B and 2 step TB skin testing (or current chest x-ray report if TB skin test is positive) must be received at a minimum of 4 weeks before your start date of on-site Labs at Michener. The Hep B immunization can take up to 7 months, please prepare.
- Please send appropriate documentation to email@example.com subject line: MLA Proof of immunization.
• Theoretical and practical laboratory skills (phlebotomy, specimen collection and handling, electrocardiography)
• Instrumentation skills