Clinical Skills Workshop for Laboratory Technicians (Mohawk College/The Michener Institute Program)
This course has a limited number of spots. Be sure to register as soon as you can!
This practical 8 day course covers essential laboratory skills, patient care and communication skills.
Practical evaluations, exam
Entry level Medical Laboratory Technicians and those seeking certification.
Students must complete HLTH10223 – Preplacement/Clinical Service Course before enrolling to CLLT140
*Some of the immunization required forms/reports may take up to 7 months to prepare. Please begin to collect the required paperwork as soon as possible.
Due to high demand, transfer requests will be considered up to two weeks prior to the start date. Students must attend all 8 days mentioned below from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Winter 2023 Lab Schedule
- All Mohawk Theory Courses must be completed before taking the Michener courses. Students must be enrolled in the online PD807 Clinical Behavioural Sciences at Michener before taking CLLT140 and must have completed PD807 before taking CLLT151.
* Please see this link to understand the program structure between Mohawk and Michener https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/sites/default/files/CE/Documents/Medical-Laboratory-Assistant-Handbook.pdf
- Dates are subject to change dependent on numbers and faculty availability.
- Theoretical and practical laboratory skills (phlebotomy, specimen collection and handling, electrocardiography)
- Instrumentation skills
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.