Self-directed learning, online
Domestic: $876 International: $1138
70 hours, 7 CEU
Jean Paul Nadeau
Understand Human Genetics through study of cells, cell division, modes of inheritance, human ancestry and human evolution. An excellent introductory course in Human Genetics for health care practitioners, internationally-trained health care practitioners and those interested in developing careers in human/medical genetics.
Online quizzes, online final examination. Students must pass each quiz with a minimum grade of 60% in order to proceed to the next component. Students must have an overall average of at least 60% across all quizzes in order to proceed to the final examination and must achieve at least 60% on the final examination in order to pass the course. There are 13 quizzes worth 5% each (20 MCQ) and one cumulative final examination worth 35% (100 MCQ).
Note: A final grade of at least 70% in this course will satisfy the Human Genetics prerequisite requirement for Michener’s full-time Genetics Technology program.
This course meets the pre-requisite requirement for consideration into the Genetics Technology Program.
It is also great foundational knowledge of human genetics and understanding how genetics plays such an important role in the health care today.
CMLTO Approved Refresher Course
Part of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario’s list of approved refresher courses for Clinical Genetics.
- What is a cell?
- Meiosis, developing and aging
- Single-Gene Inheritance
- Beyond Mendel’s Laws
- Matters of Sex
- Multifactorial Traits
- Genetics of Behaviour
- Constant Allele Frequencies and DNA Forensics
- Changing Allele Frequencies
- Human Ancestry and Evolution
- Reproductive Technologies
Human Genetics – HGCE110
Other Recommended Courses
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.