Self-directed learning, online
Domestic: $826 International: $1074
Continuous enrolment max one year
Jean-Paul Nadeau, MSc, MLT (Clinical Genetics)
This course has been created to support the understanding of Molecular Genetics through the study of DNA, gene expression and mutations, DNA sequencing, genetic testing and treatments, cancer genetics and other DNA-related technologies. This is an excellent introductory course in Molecular Genetics for health care practitioners, internationally trained health care practitioners and those interested in developing careers in human/medical genetics.
A final grade of at least 70% in this course will satisfy the requirement for Michener’s Genetics Technology program.
Module quizzes and final exam
Anyone requiring foundational knowledge in Molecular Genetics.
This course also meets the pre-requisite requirements for the Genetics Technology Program.
This course meets the pre-requisite requirements for the Genetics Technology Program. Please check deadlines for application and completion for valid entry qualifications.
DNA Structure and Replication
Gene Action: From DNA to Protein
Gene Expression and Epigenetics
History and Future of DNA Sequencing
Chromosomes and Molecular Cytogenetics
Genetic Testing and Treatment
Genetics of Immunity
Cancer Genetics and Genomics
DNA Related Technologies
MGCE110 – Molecular Genetics
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.