Monitoring Clinical Trials
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $898International: $1167
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
Upon successful completion of the course, the Learner will be able to:
- Describe monitoring in clinical trials
- Identify and define the Health Canada and ICH requirements for good clinical site monitoring
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a monitor as they relate to the quality of clinical trial monitoring
- Evaluate and identify good clinical sites and investigators
- Recognize skills to perform successful monitoring to identify any misconduct and how good clinical trial monitoring can impact clinical research outcomes
- Explain and conduct activities at site evaluation, site initiation, routine monitoring and close-out visits
- Put into practice the regulatory, source documentation and record-keeping requirements for clinical trials
- Ensure that data and supporting documentation is accurate for inspectors
- Identify, assess and validate potentially efficient tools for the implementation of monitoring strategies
- Discuss and make corrective action plans with multiple monitoring, site, inspection findings and data management issues
This course provides a solid understanding of Health Canada, FDA, and ICH guidelines for Monitoring Clinical Trials. Students will gain experience in proven techniques for detecting, correcting, and preventing clinical study deficiencies at clinical sites. This course teaches the purpose and ways of monitoring ensuring that data and supporting documentation are entirely accurate, factual and in the appropriate format for sponsors and regulatory authorities. The course work includes practical examples and exercises for reviewing protocols, evaluating consent forms, eCRFs, source documents, Investigator Site File, and writing letters and reports.
Healthcare professionals interested in clinical research
- Introduction to monitoring
- Site selection
- Monitoring plans
- Monitoring Styles
- Types of monitoring visits
- Conducting monitoring visits
- Close out visits
Monitoring Clinical Trials (MCCR140) is part of the Clinical Research Program. This course allows healthcare professionals who are interested in clinical research to develop basic skills necessary to monitor clinical trials.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination (2 doses) for all learners is required for all onsite attendance at Michener. Fully online courses do not require proof of vaccination.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.