Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach
ONLINE – login information will be emailed one week before the course start date.
18 weeks. Approximately 48 credit hours.
To identify, prevent and treat complications of the feet related to diabetes based on a patient-centered, evidence-based model.
- Recognize the impact of diabetes of the health of Canadians
- Complete a holistic assessment of the person with diabetes to determine their risk of developing foot complications.
- Identify how the pathology of diabetes and identified risks have impacted the health of the person’s foot and/or can interfere with healing of a foot ulcer.
- Develop a plan of care to prevent and/or treat intrinsic and extrinsic diabetes related foot complications.
- Ensure sustainability of care to reduce risk of complications
|Evaluation Item||Due Date|
|Web-based Final Examination||TBD|
Practicing health professionals with knowledge of diabetes and its management. This course will build on basic knowledge already in place.
- Working knowledge of basic diabetes care and management
- Computer literacy
- Students must have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements, access to the Internet, and an e-mail account
- Access to and basic proficiency with a PDF reader, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint are also required as they are used to access course material and submit evaluation items
DE808 Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic Approach
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|No sections are currently available for this course.|