Clinical Experience I for Laboratory Technicians (Mohawk College/The Michener Institute Program)
This course has a limited number of spots. Be sure to register as soon as you can!
Allahna Elahie, Diaram Deokharan, Kathie Thomlinson, Mona Reid, Susie Livingstone
This simulated clinical experience workshop will allow students in the joint Michener / Mohawk Medical Laboratory Assistant / Technician Program to apply the practical skills and theory that were studied in the prerequisite courses (including CLLT140).
Practical evaluations, exams, assignments
Entry level Medical Laboratory Technicians and those seeking certification
Contact: Stephanie Reddin email@example.com
Must have completed: Mohawk Theory Courses; Michener PD807 Clinical Behavioural Sciences and Michener Clinical Skills Workshop for Laboratory Technicians CLLT140
* Please see this link to understand the program structure between Mohawk and Michener Flow Chart – Mohawk – Michener.
Dates are subject to change dependent on numbers and faculty availability.
• Preparation of smears
• Staining of slides in the areas of Microbiology, Histology and Cytology
• Inoculation of culture media
• Urinalysis and instrumentation
• Further Phlebotomy practice
• Professionalism in the workplace
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|CLLT151-WL1||Clinical Experience I for Laboratory Technicians (Mohawk College/The Michener Institute Program)||Workshop||$1,055.00||Jan-11-2020 to Feb-02-2020||Jan-03-2020||Open|