Clinical Experience I for Laboratory Technicians (Mohawk College/The Michener Institute Program)
This course has a limited number of spots. Be sure to register as soon as you can!
Diaram Deokharan, Lisa Gibbs, Peggy Kiely, Mona Reid, Susie Livingstone
This simulated clinical experience workshop will allow students in the joint Michener / Mohawk Medical Laboratory Assistant / Technician Program to apply the practical skills and theory that were studied in the prerequisite courses (including CLLT140).
Practical evaluations, exams, assignments
Entry level Medical Laboratory Technicians and those seeking certification
Students must attend all 8 days mentioned below from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Spring 2022 Lab Schedule
Module 1 (Phlebotomy): Saturday, April 23 – Sunday, April 24, 2022
Module 2 (Chemistry and Hematology): Saturday, April 30 – Sunday May 1, 2022
Module 3 (Microbiology): Saturday, May 7 – Sunday, May 8 2022
Module 4 (Cytology and Histology): Saturday, May 14 – Sunday, May 15, 2022
Must have completed: Mohawk Theory Courses; Michener PD807 Clinical Behavioural Sciences and Michener Clinical Skills Workshop for Laboratory Technicians CLLT140
* Please see this link to understand the program structure between Mohawk and Michener Flow Chart – Mohawk – Michener.
Dates are subject to change dependent on numbers and faculty availability.
- Preparation of smears
- Staining of slides in the areas of Microbiology, Histology and Cytology
- Inoculation of culture media
- Urinalysis and instrumentation
- Further Phlebotomy practice
- Professionalism in the workplace
International Travel Notice:
If you are scheduled for a Continuing Education workshop onsite within 14 days of your return from international travel, we require you to connect with your Program Assistant. You will be required to reschedule your workshop/course until after the 14 days has passed.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.