IV Insertion and Maintenance
8:30am to 2:00pm
William Bisson, RN, CSP
Develop your skills in IV insertion and maintenance. Lab time will prepare the practitioner with the basic principles required to start an intravenous. After successful completion of this workshop, the practitioner will develop proficiency in this skill with clinical experience in their institution.
- Introduction to the superficial anatomy of the upper extremities
- Basic IV insertion and maintenance principles
- Trouble shooting techniques
You will receive a Certificate of Completion after you pass a brief written exam and lab certification of practical skills.
Healthcare practitioners who have exposure to patients with an existing intravenous or are required to start, manage and remove an intravenous as part of their skill set.
This course fills up very quickly. Do NOT wait until the deadline to register!
Health Care Professional (RN, MLT, MRS, RT, RPN)
IV Insertion and Maintenance – IV500
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.