PICC Insertion: A Comprehensive Guide
Online modules and one day workshop. Workshop dates may change due to unexpected events or unforeseen restrictions or number of attendees.
Two months - Open for continuous enrolment
Mark St. Denis, Shahvand Masihi
Online learning checks, online exam and competency assessment.
Post-course commitment to have successful PICC insertions documented by supervisor.
Regulated Health Profession/ Nurse/ Medical Radiation Technologist
PIIR110 PICC Insertion
Saturday November 5, 2022
Saturday December 3, 2022
- Various types
- Ultrasound Physics
- Vascular Anatomy and Site Selection
- Preparing for PICC Insertion
- Inserting the PICC
- Insertion Techniques and Catheter tip Confirmation
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters
- Managing Complications
- PICC Care and Maintenance
- Patient Education
- Sterile Field
PIIR110 – PICC Insertion- A Comprehensive Guide
Students will be required to successfully complete the online portion, after which they will attend a full-day workshop (at UHN). (covered by the online registration fee)
The students are then expected to return to their home hospital to achieve the 10 successful PICC insertions, signed off by a manager (or like position). Submitting the signed paperwork will initiate generating the Certificate of Completion.
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.