9am - 3pm
Jean Paul Nadeau, MSc, MLT
Develop your skills in micropipetting. Lab time will prepare the practitioner with the basic principles required to accurately and precisely pipette using micropipettes.
By the end of the course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the function of micropipettes
- Identify the correct pipette for the correct job
- Describe proper pipetting techniques
- Measure volumes accurately and precisely with a series of volumetric pipettes.
- This course consists of one quiz and one in-person demonstration. The quiz is designed to assess your knowledge and understanding of the course objectives and prepare you for the on-site workshop.
- Students must obtain 60% on the quiz in order to proceed to the in-person workshop
- An in-person evaluation will assess whether the student can demonstrate sound micropipetting skills.
- Laboratory professionals who would like to become more skilled at micropipetting
- Aspiring laboratory professionals who would like more experience with using micropipettes.
Sound micropipetting skills are an essential tool for all staff working in molecular, microbiological and other biological laboratories.
Experience using micropipettes
Micropipetting Techniques – MTMC100
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Effective September 7th all learners, faculty and staff must provide proof of at least one-dose of approved COVID-19 vaccine to participate in any in-person learning or on-site activities. Proof of full vaccination will be required as of October 8th, 2021.
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.