Quality Management Systems: Process Management
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
12 weeks – 48 credit hours
Mary Fountas & Judy Sherman-Jones
Explore how to develop and manage the processes required for producing examination results.
• Establish a system to qualify and select vendors
• Establish a system to receive, inspect and/or test, accept and store incoming materials
• Prepare an inventory management plan
• Set up an internal quality control program
• Establish a method of external assessment for all analytical procedures
• Develop a process validation plan for a new or changed process
• Maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient-related information
• Develop a mechanism to protect data integrity
• Develop a means for availability of data in case of downtime
Written assignments, online chats, discussion board postings
Healthcare professionals interested in quality management
It is recommended that students obtain this text book prior to starting the course. Students are responsible for acquiring course textbooks.
Westcott, Russell T. (Ed.). (2013). The Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence Handbook. (Fourth Edition). Milwaukee (WI): Quality Management Division, American Society for Quality, ASQ Quality Press. ISBN 978-0-87389-861-4 (www.asq.org)
QMS01-A4 Quality Management System: A Model for Laboratory Services; Approved Guideline—Fourth Edition, June 2011(www.clsi.org)
Quality Management Systems: Process Management is part of the Clinical Laboratory Quality Manager Graduate Certificate Program.
Quality Management Systems: Process Management (PMQM110) – Continuing Education
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|PMQM110-1||Quality Management Systems: Process Management||Online||$699.00||Sep-06-2016 to Nov-25-2016||Aug-29-2016||Closed|