Advanced Practices for Leadership in Health Care
Online – login information will be emailed on the course start date
Domestic: $847 International: $1101
12 weeks – 4.8 CEU
Dr. Darren Levine
Upon successful completion of the course, the Learner will be able to:
- To introduce the concept of “Leadership Culture” and “Leadership Accountability in Organizations.”
- To present ideas of community practice, networking, and mentoring as ways of advancing leadership knowledge
- To help the participants understand the importance of politics in organizations and to understand politics as both dysfunctional and functional
- To present a couple of models of coaching in order to understand the various steps in coaching
- To help learners understand strategies of coaching so leaders can utilize coaching as a main competency of leadership
- To emphasize the use of effective questions and giving feedback as key areas of coaching employees and teams
- To discuss how leaders can harness diversity in their team formation and team functioning
- To introduce ways leaders can engage people in the culture
- To link the process of “continuous improvement and how leaders can sustain best practices of leadership in their organization and support and nurture continuous productivity and success of goals
This course builds upon the knowledge gained in the Fundamentals of Leadership Course. It explores in more depth the skills required to design, implement, and sustain a quality system in healthcare. This course looks to present ideas of community practice, networking, and mentoring as ways of advancing leadership knowledge. Also to help the participants understand the importance of politics in organizations and to understand politics as both dysfunctional and functional.
This is a required course for the Leadership in Health Care Certificate Program
It concentrates on the below modules:
- Leadership Culture / Organizational Culture
- Advanced Coaching & Leadership
- Using Diversity in Teams
- Engaging Others in Strategic Thinking
- Engaging Others in Continuous Improvement
- Sustaining Best Practices in Leadership in Organizations
Discussion board postings, papers, final assignment
Healthcare professionals interested in leadership
Advanced Practices for Leadership in Health Care is part of the Leadership in Health Care Certificate Program.
• Leadership culture and accountability
• Advanced coaching practices
• Leading diverse teams
• Engaging others in strategic / systems thinking
• Leading quality and continuous improvement
• Sustaining best practices
COVID Vaccine Requirement:
Proof of full vaccination will be required.
Instructions to upload proof of COVID vaccination to Self Service
- Select button “View Available Sections and Registration”
- This page contains 3 boxes. Click on the “Sign In” box
- If you have a Self service account, sign in here. If you do not, then create an account.
- Select your course/section by clicking the “Add” button which will send the course to your cart.
- To move on to payment, click the blue “Register” button.
- Once payment has been processed, registration is complete.