According to Diabetes Canada, one in three Canadians is living with diabetes or prediabetes. Given the high prevalence and its impact on the health care system, effective patient education is important factor in managing this disease. Continuing Education at Michener offers a variety of online courses for those who work with patients, clients or loved ones living with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
In addition to the Certificate program, there are Diabetes Specialty Courses focused on special topics and/or populations.
- Diabetes 101: Introduction to DiabetesSelf-Study–Online
- Diabetes Management in Children and AdolescentsFacilitated-Online
- Diabetes Management in Older AdultsFacilitated-Online
- Diabetes Management in PregnancyFacilitated-Online
- Engaging Patients in Managing Chronic IllnessSelf-Study–Online
- Foundations of Foot Management in Diabetes: A Holistic ApproachFacilitated-Online
- Intensive Insulin ManagementFacilitated-Online