*All International Tuition Fee prices quoted are in Canadian dollars
International Tuition Fees for Full-Time Programs
|FEE STRUCTURE FOR FULL-TIME PROGRAMS (2016-2017)||Academic Year||Tuition Fees dollars (per year)||Non-Tuition Fees (per year, includes health insurance)|
|Medical Laboratory Science||Year 1||$16,200||$1562|
|Respiratory Therapy||Year 1||$16,200||$1562|
|Cardiovascular Perfusion||Year 1||$18, 605||$1562|
|Diagnostic Cytology||Year 1||$16,600||$1562|
|Genetics Technology||Year 1||$16,600||$1562|
International Tuition Fees for Part-Time Distance Programs
|FEE STRUCTURE FOR PART-TIME DISTANCE PROGRAMS (2016-2017)||Tuition Fees in Canadian dollars||Student Activity Fee|
|Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)||PHMR110||$1,235||TBA|
|Imaging Informatics Graduate Certificate Program||Didactic||$1,750 per course||TBA|
Other Mandatory International Non-Tuition Fees
*Mandatory Non-Tuition Fees cover the entire academic year but are charged only once per year and are due with the first tuition payment. For Programs less than three (3) years (6 semesters) in duration, only the first and third year non-tuition fees are applicable.
Student Activity Fee
This annual fee is used to support the Student Council, from orientation through to graduation. This fee, which is applicable to full-time and part-time students includes athletics, student handbooks, student ID cards, lockers, graduation picture sitting fees, composite graduation pictures, and other activities sponsored by the Students Association throughout the year. The orientation fee is charged in the first year only.
The Student Success Fee includes:
- mandatory international student health insurance,
- counseling services,
- peer tutoring,
- seminars and other activities throughout the year.
- The mandatory Mask Fitting fee of $70 which is charged in the first year only. This covers the use of the fit testing solutions, i.e. bitrex or saccharine, as well as other fit testing materials such as masks, hoods and collars the use of the Porta Count machine for additional fit testing, if necessary; the time of the Fit Tester (s) and Fit Test Coordinator; the provision of a Fit Testing Worksheet and Fit Testing card for each student.
Digital Media Fee
The Michener Digital Media Fee covers the cost of printed notes; electronic notes in PDF, MS Office or other formats; software licensing agreements; CDs; video files; audio files; Blackboard account; intellectual property ownership and material copyrights.
A Technology Fee is charged each semester to all post-secondary students. The fee provides for software licensing, student electronic mail accounts, Internet access, systems infrastructure upgrades, Learning Resources Center access and related printing services.
Other Related Non Tuition Fees
The replacement fee for a diploma or certificate is $50.00.
Students who launch an academic appeal are required by the current policy to pay a non-refundable $25.00 fee for each level and type of appeal. The fee covers all matters under appeal, and is payable at the Registrar’s Office.
Student Bursary Levy
A $10.00 fee is charged each semester and is collected as part of the Alumni Fee. All full and part time students contribute $10 each year toward Michener’s student Bursary Fund. This levy is not mandatory, and students may opt out by completing the Student Levy Opt Out Form.
Additional Expenses that vary by Program
- Textbooks – students are required to purchase textbooks, if applicable. Textbooks may be purchased from the University of Toronto Bookstore, 214 College Street, Toronto.
- Equipment Deposits – a deposit may be charged for certain items of equipment issued to students for individual use during the program. Specific details are included with the statement of tuition fees. A portion of this deposit may be refunded when the equipment is returned.
- Laboratory Coats – disposable or cloth lab coats are required for certain programs and must be purchased prior to the start of classes. They are available from the University of Toronto Bookstore. Some clinical sites require students to wear uniforms, which students are also responsible to purchase.
- Professional Society Fees – students may be required to join a professional association while attending The Michener Institute. Requirements and fees vary.
- Service Charges – additional fees may be incurred for photocopying, faxing and mailing documents, such as course outlines or transcripts .
Tuition Fee Deadlines
Upon acceptance into a program, you will be mailed a statement of tuition fees and payment due dates. You can pay your fees by bank draft, money order or wire transfer (a bank charge of $50 will apply. Please contact the International Department for banking information), All drafts/money order are made payable to The Michener Institute. We do not accept personal and post-dated cheques or cash sent through the mail. A 2.5% service charge will be charged on Visa and MasterCard credit card payments.
Full semester tuition fees are due before the start of each semester. If fees are not paid by the due date, you will not be eligible to start classes.
The due dates for Full-Time academic year fees are:
First Year Student Fees: July 15th
Returning Student Fees: August 15th
All remaining and outstanding fees: December 16th
For Full-Time programs, The Michener Institute reserves the right to adjust the tuition and non-mandatory fees in years two and three. Prices are subject to change for the 2016-2017 academic year
For those international students enrolled in a full-time on-site program in Canada, that are unsuccessful in obtaining a study permit, the full amount of tuition paid to date will be refunded minus a Cdn $100 fee to cover bank transfer surcharges.
Students who withdraw:
- Before the official start of class for any given semester and up to 10 days of the beginning of a semester, may official withdraw from Michener and receive a full refund of their tuition (less the non-refundable tuition deposit for first year students).
- From the 11th day of classes to the 20th day will receive a refund of 60 percent of tuition fees paid, (less the tuition deposit for first year, first semester students). Tuition fees paid for any future semesters will be refunded.
- After the 20th day of classes will receive no tuition refund for the current semester. (Refer to the important date’s calendar for the exact date for each semester). Tuition fees paid for any future semesters will be refunded in full.
Schatz Hall (Michener’s Residence, single rooms, private washroom and shower, no sharing)
For rates and additional information on Michener’s Residence, click here.