Heart and Stroke (HSF) Prerequisites must be met in order to attend any Advanced Life Support Course- please review all prerequisites before registering for a course.
The Michener Institute of Education at UHN offers Heart and Stroke (HSF) Advanced Life Support (ALS) training and recertification courses for health care professionals responding to cardiopulmonary emergencies and working in critical care environments. Offering our students, the highest standard of learning, we prepare professionals to safely and successfully respond to emergency situations using simulation-based learning that is team-based and interprofessional.
- ACLS Recertification and Basic Life Support Renewal Dual CertificationClassroom-Based
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)Classroom-Based
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) RecertificationClassroom-Based
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider – Basic Life Support Renewal Dual CertificationClassroom-Based
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support for Experienced ProviderClassroom-Based
- Basic Life Support (CPR)Classroom-Based
- Basic Life Support (CPR) RenewalClassroom-Based
- Critical Care Nursing Boot Camp CourseHybrid
- Critical Care Nursing Certificate ProgramHybrid
- Mental Health First Aid- Standard- Virtual WorkshopFacilitated-Online
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)Classroom-Based
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)Classroom-Based
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) RecertificationClassroom-Based
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – Basic Life Support Dual CertificationClassroom-Based
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Recertification – BLS Renewal Dual CertificationClassroom-Based
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)Classroom-Based
- STABLE Transport ProgramClassroom-Based
Michener also partners with other organizations and institutions to bring ALS training to them. Offsite courses have been offered throughout Ontario and across Canada. We can bring the Michener Advantage to your doorstep.